Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heart Breaking....

Several of my kiddos walked into today with heart breaking and life changing news. They are situations that you hear of every day--divorce and losing your home but it is so different to walk a child through that situation and I'm just their teacher. Both of these kids were so heart broken, mad, and of course blaming themselves. There was one child in particular who is taking the news very hard and will continue to.....I was so reminded today of the fact of how important it is for me to pray for these kids. I pray every day for my kids not just that they would learn but that they would be growing into the people that God designed for them to be. So often I think it's easy to get stuck on the fact that "Bobbie still can't multiply..." that we forget that these kids are going through all sorts of real life things and things that we have no idea about because they are hidden within their families. While the kids were at lunch today the tears started streaming down my face for some of my kids that have really hard lives at such a young age--I just want to fix it for them but I can't.

No comments: