Friday, February 6, 2009

Love it!

Today was the funniest day! I had organized 'Dress as Your Favorite Story Book Character Day' at my school. All the fifth grade teachers and kids dressed up and then the kids went to the primary grade classes and read to the kids....it was really fun! It was so neat to see what the kids dressed up as and I even had a student rent a costume for the occasion!

After school I got out of my Dorothy costume asap and started working because I threw my wonderful mother a surprise birthday party tonight. It was so much fun and I think that she walked away feeling loved, which was my goal. Her best friend winters in Florida so she wasn't able to come but I had her call during the party and that was the neatest part. I love doing stuff like that in general!

Every year I do something to invest in my home and my plan this year was that I would have it painted. I had several estimates done and wasn't really pleased with either price wise. Today one of the guys who had done an estimate contacted me and we negotiated the price by basically me telling him what I felt was fair and he took it. So I'm having my house painted next weekend! He's really really fast and works really late so I'll probably stay until we get all the furniture moved and then go stay with my parents for the weekend to stay out of his way and work on stuff for them and Grandma. The best part is that his wife is an amazing interior decorator so she is going to help me pick colors on Monday. I'm excited to have it done! Last year I had a new roof put on my house and did it with my dad. I'm really glad that I don't have to ask him for help on this one and neither of us like painting...I'd seriously rather put a roof on a house!

I'm excited about my very random weekend ahead. I have running club to train for the Indy Mini Marathon tomorrow morning in Columbia City and then going to my sister's track meet at Taylor in Upland. Sunday after church I'm going to Mishawaka to visit my sister and spend time with her. There's not really time to chat at track meets....she's kind of busy running ridiculously fast. She already qualified for A Standard for Indoor Nationals for NAIA....she's so amazing.

No comments: