Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random Things I've Learned Lately...:)

1.) No matter what bills you receive in the mail unless they are always a fixed amount CHECK the bill and make sure that it's correct. Lately I have found so many incorrect charges on my phone bill and trust me it's worth the time to check. I had a large situation with a bill that was very expensive anyways for my house where the billing rep multiplied a number by four on accident and it made my bill $400 more than it was supposed to be and wouldn't have been caught if I didn't investigate it.
2.) If on direct deposit from your workplace make sure that the number that your slip says is the number that was deposited into your account.
3.) Never take a single day for granted....live life to the absolute fullest. A mother of a friend of mine had a stroke last week and her body is shutting down. It makes you really think about what matters...
4.) Work to see situations through the eyes of other people...it might change your perspective! I've been helping a family through a tough time and they have a situation going on that happened to my family when I was younger. It's been interesting to be on the outside but to know exactly how it feels and that all I can do is love because no amount of words or affirmation will fix it.
5.) Be grateful that we have such SMART kids in this area! I was judging the county spelling bee and was so proud of our area students! One of my students was our school's contestant and while he didn't win I was astounded at the brilliance of our future! I'm blessed to get to see a glimpse of our future daily!
6.) Show people you love them fiercely! This morning as I had some kids stay the night at my house last night and was going through the morning ritual with some typical girl drama I was blessed to look outside and see that a friend had left me a random package just letting me know that she cared. I remembered that all day...:)
7.) Remembering that the 'stuff' that God has given me that I need to be making sure that I'm using it the way He wants me too. Lately that's been cool to see how He wants me to use things. I'm blessed with a nice house and some people have needed places to stay lately and it's so nice to be able to help out. In these economic times I know of some families that can't afford to run their kids around everywhere so I've been doing a little of that and enjoy it. I always love doing stuff to help others...
8.) That fasting for 10 days is really really tough but really really worth it.
9.) That if things are meant to be in any area of life that they will happen. The other day I was budgeting for summer master's classes to pay for them next week and realized that my tax return is the exact dollar amount I need for them....amazing.
10.) Sometimes I just need a change........I'm going to Mishawaka Sunday to hang out with my sister and we are going to Ulta to get our hair cut. I think I'm going to change it up a little bit and get some bangs.....we'll see how that goes. :) At least that's a temporary change. :)

No comments: