Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things...

1.) My hair is naturally red and people question me all the time about the color of it.
2.) Growing up I hated that my hair was red (it used to be BRIGHT red!) because certain people would always have the classic comments for it but the older I got I started to love it and have never tried to change it!
3.) For seven years growing up my family would vacation in July in Birchwood, Wisconsin. It was a very small town and we would get a house on a lake and would fish for the entire week. It was continuing a tradition because my dad's family would vacation there when he grew up on an island on the lake.
4.) One year on the way to Wisconsin I decided to order the same breakfast items that my dad did and ordered the "Hungry Man's Breakfast" at 4:00 a.m. A while later on the interstate I got sick and my sister who was in the back seat with me thought I was joking that I was sick...:) From that trip forward my parent's took buckets with us in the car just in case and I have never ordered a hungry man's breakfast ever since!
5.) When I was ten I got sick on New Year's Eve from fried shrimp and refuse to eat it till this day....
6.) Out of my immediate family three of the four of us have birthdays during the holidays! My dad's is December 25, mine is December 30, and Heather's is January 3.
7.) When I was younger I unfortunately sprayed Windex into my sister's eye.....on purpose. :(
8.) My family remodeled and added onto their entire house and did it all ourselves when we were growing up. I can say that I have helped with nearly every aspect of home repair/renovation in my lifetime.
9.) My parent's house is in a woods on a dirt road.......one of the few gravel roads left! It made it fun growing up there!
10.) My parent's had a dog named Smoky before my sister was born and one time I guess I left the house and walked down the road with the dog without telling them at the time that the school bus would be coming down the road. They also claim that I ate dog food once with the dog....I really don't remember this but that's what I'm told!
11.) My dad made me my own icefishing box when I was 6 or 7 so that we could go out on the lakes with him....I was so excited at the time to have my own!
12.) My favorite childhood indoor entertainment was the original Nintendo! :) On Saturday nights it was a tradition in my family for a while to get a pizza and there was a small video rental store in Akron that had a disc that would help you 'cheat' and get through the levels faster. I was pretty good at Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt!
13.) My dad told my sister and I once on Christmas Eve that Santa Claus wasn't coming that year because we weren't good enough that year and recorded it.....we were some pretty unhappy campers!
14.) I attended Purdue University and whole heatedly believe that was one of the best decisions of my life! I have so many amazing memories and experiences from Purdue and love being a Boilermaker!
15.) I student taught at the school where I am employed and currently teach in the room where I student taught three years ago! I love teaching at my school and love the team that I work with and how we can make almost anything fun and creative.
16.) I am starting my master's degree in May from Ball State University through an online program in educational administration. I am excited to start this new journey!
17.) The service department at my car dealership can recognize my voice without me telling them who it is....it's a little freaky!
18.) I have friends who live all over the country and LOVE visiting them. I love having meaningful relationships with people and not just surface level.
19.) On a flight back from Austin, Texas in October I sat next to two people who looked and acted like the characters from Everybody Loves Raymond.
20.) I am currently training for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon, which will take place in May!
21.) I bought my house a year ago and have loved making it my home over the course of the year. I am blessed beyond belief to own it. The next upcoming project is that I'm having the entire inside of the house painted this coming weekend.
22.) Once a worker who was supposed to be doing the spring check on my heating/cooling system fell asleep on my couch on the job. Let's just say I didn't have to pay that bill!
23.) I really really like having surprise parties and get togethers in general!
24.) I attend and am involved in an amazing church that constantly blows me away by how great it is!
25.) I really love to read and always have a whole stack of books going. I am currently reading a book by Karen Kingsbury and am starting the book Faith and Doubt.

No comments: