Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Year

I have officially owned my home for one year! My closing was on February 29th of last year....obviously there is no Feb. 29th this year. :) It is so weird to think that I have owned a house for that long....the time is flying. I remember being SO emotional when I purchased my home last year because it undoubtedly was the largest purchase of my life and scary to do it on my own. I have seen the Lord's hand take care of me in so many different ways through it. When I purchased this home I had put an offer on it one day after it came out on the market two months prior to purchasing it and ended up losing the offer. Someone made an offer at the last minute that I couldn't meet but they ended up losing their financing. I was in the process of negotiating on another house when I got the call that this house was potentially coming back onto the market but that I had first dibs to make an offer on it to legally get these other people out of their contract. I was never so scared and confused in my life! I didn't know if I was making the right decision by backing out of the other offer and entering into this one but I did and I got it. When I look at it rationally there is no reason why I should have been able to afford my house but clearly the Lord had other plans....it was definitely a step of faith for sure!! In this year I feel like the Lord has provided so well for me to be here. On top of regular expenses of living here I have been able to do so much to take the largest purchase of my life and make sure that I am going to get a maximum return on my investment by upgrading things like putting a new roof on, painting, fixing random random things--I grew up in a very financially savvy family if you can't tell. :) I have seen so many situations of why the Lord wanted me to have this particular house that have been so cool. One--I have amazing neighbors that support me in so many ways. They are just really great to live next to but are really supportive and have become kind of like family in a way. Two--this house has definitely been a house of the Lord's where multiple multiple things of the Lord's has been held. Three--lately it has been a place for people to stay that need a place to stay for a while because I have the room to let them do that. In a few weeks I am refinancing my house because the rates have dropped SO much since I purchased it--I am hoping to free up some money that will help me while I am in grad school and such. The joys of being a responsible adult. :)

No comments: