Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Funny Kiddos

My kids in my classroom have said the funniest things this week and of course not so funny things too. :) Yesterday during social studies we were reading about the Stamp Act and came across the name Samuel Adams. One of my boys who just really enjoys talking in general shots out, "That's who invented beer...I can't wait to tell my dad what I learned today!"

That same child today was trying to write out a plan of how to make a car operate on polluted water...my kids are really concerned with trying to save our environment and are always trying to come up with ways to replace gasoline. So I was asking him questions of how this would truly work to have a car run on polluted water and he got so frustrated and finally said, "Give me a break Miss Rathbun I'm a 5th grader not an engineer!" The funny part of that statement is he undoubtedly will be an engineer along with several other students in my room.

No comments: