Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a fun weekend!

This weekend was so sporadic but turned out to be so fun! Friday night I did have a school function till 9:00 but then got to spend some good time with some girlfriends and really catch up on some things going on in our lives. They are the type of friends that you can tell exactly what is going on in your life and they are totally there for you 100%....I love that! Saturday morning I ran 10 miles at running club--it was as good as running 10 miles can be and then came back home to find my dad here ready to help me with some household projects that needed to be done. So after putting a quilt rack up, installing a new bath towel bar, and toliet paper reel, some new mini blinds, and fixing a clock that somehow got broke (I think the painters dropped it) I had those things done. For me to do that it would have been an all day ordeal but my dad is so handy that it took an hour. That evening I went out to dinner with some friends who are from here originally but don't reside here anymore. They were both here to visit their parents and it was SO good to see them and catch up on what's going on in their lives as we are all going through definite seasons of change! After that I took one of my friends and met up with some others to go karaoke....it was so much fun! Loved it! :) I've been before but never with these friends and it was great! This morning was normal church activities but afterwards I made a trip down to my parents. Yesterday when I was running I knew that I was to call my mom immediately after and so I went down to have lunch with my parents and then talked with my mom the rest of the afternoon/early evening. It was sooo good. With all of our focus, attention, and energy on Grandma that's all we ever talk about and coordinating schedules and plans to make sure everything gets done. Usually once that all gets hashed out we're out of time to talk about other things. We both have a lot going on in our lives right now and it was so neat because there were some things that I didn't tell her about till today and vice versa but we both already knew about it and we're prepared for it because the Lord had been laying those things on each of our hearts for a while. That happens a lot to the two of us, which I love. I love that I have a friendship with my mom and that we can confide in each other on situations even when they are situations that we don't have figured out.

I definitely have that feeling that 'a season of change is coming'. I've had it for a long time now but it's getting more and more intense. I know what some of the change is, have an idea of what some of the other change could be, and then after talking with my mom realized that there could be more change yet that I'm not really ready for but God's will is perfect and I love that. One thing that is changing is the Lord is kind of in the process of reshuffling my commitments. I am someone who serves in a lot of different respects because I was raised like that but in the past few months I have known that the door is closing on some of those things because their sesason is over. Today I realized that perhaps one big reason that the door is closing on those things is that He wants me to serve my family more. That I am going to need to free up some time here soon obviously because grad school is starting but also for the needs of Grandma and for my parents. I think right now one of the biggest ways I can serve my parents is by going down once a week with work shoes on and helping to take care of their property. They have a LOT of property--way too much and they can't keep up with it because of their jobs and they are getting older (I don't like that one!) :). I had my dad make a list today of things that need done once we take care of getting Grandma moved and they are all huge projects. It's funny how we feel like we need to be doing certain serving opportunities to make a big difference but sometimes I wonder if just normal things aren't just as helpful. I also think God is going to do something with the fact that I know and am burdened right now for a lot of people who are sick with cancer. I have several friends and family friends who are very ill right now and I wonder what God is going to do with that. It's just a big process of opening and shutting doors!

This is the week that we move Grandma back home! So it's totally going to be a chaotic week.....I leave to go down right after work on Thursday and stay through Sunday. Hopefully though the transition is smooth and good. I'm looking forward to spending some good time with her alone on Friday before family gets there........she's been through so much in the past few months and has a lot to process through.

No comments: