Sunday, March 22, 2009

Done and....Exhausted!

Well we are finally done moving Grandma--she has a lot of work to do to situate her stuff but everything is at the lakehouse. It was by far a more emotionally exhausting weekend than I had prepared for--maybe because I was there for so long, maybe because I've been emotionally involved over the whole course of this, who knows... I just have to keep resolving myself to the fact that Grandma is probably never going to be the same woman that she was 6 months ago and that's ok. Memory loss is just such a hard thing to deal with as a family because it's one of those things that you can't just 'fix'. There were lots of fortunate parts about this weekend but the most unfortunate is that starting Thursday morning I noticed that I had the worst cough ever--a bunch of my kiddos had it last week and I would joke that they had the plague because I had lots of kids out and for a long time now I understand. The cough kept getting worse and worse and I gradually would lose my voice esp. at the most inopportune times like trying to talk on the phone to the cellphone company for Grandma. I didn't feel too hot but didn't really care........now I have no voice--zero. nada. And feel like a Mac truck hit me--I'm sucking down nutrition hoping that the morning will be better or I guess I could use sign language at work tomorrow. :)

A post a few weeks ago indicated that I might be interested in still doing the Winona Lake triathlon.....well I'm doing it! But as a team--yay no swimming! One of my sisters track team members wants to do the swimming, my sister wants to run, and I'm going to bike. So as soon as I finish up training for the mini then I'll have that to train for. But that's a LOT easier for me to train for.

Only 2 weeks till the Bahamas--yay!!!

No comments: