Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain!

We have had the weirdest weather this week!!!!! I don't like it one bit---Sunday a tornado hit a town near us and affected many families. Now it's raining and won't seem to stop meaning flooding. A little over a year ago in January 2008 we had flooding that was severe actually so severe that we had to dismiss school early one day and today reminded me of that day a lot. Last year there was a family who lives near my parents whose children died in the flooding and I thought about that family a lot today wondering what kind of emotions this must stir up in them. I was thinking about it more and more after my dad called and said that all the roads were flooding out by them and that even the state roads were becoming impassable and he couldn't get his truck through them. I remember when we flooded in '08 it was right before I moved into my house and I was driving to my parents house one night after prayer group and it was nearly midnight on a Wednesday night and I couldn't find a way home because all the roads were impassable......I don't miss those days of driving but my heart does go out when the weather gets like this. I strongly maintain that there is a spiritual connection between intense rain like this and what God is trying to teach us--how I wish I knew exactly what it is!

Needless to say, I wonder if we'll delay school in the morning........a number of schools already are delayed.

1 comment:

Lena said...

You are a prophet:)
Our lawn is flooded:(
That weather scares me and oprevents me from running outside!