Monday, March 9, 2009

Recent Loves.....

1.) I've been way more into a reading kick even more than normal the past few weeks. In one afternoon (I had taken half a sick day last Friday because I had a fever) I read the entire book Twilight. I am excited to read the next book New Moon but need to wait a few days because those books are so addicting and I don't have time this week. :)
2.) I go in and out of Karen Kingsbury kicks......I'm in one right now though! I just finished the book Sunset and just started the book This Side of Heaven.
3.) Our church is doing a series called Faith and Doubt so I read the book. At first, I wasn't a fan of the book but the more I got into it I did like it......it's not a 'feel good' book by any means but it's good.
4.) Audio books! I've been driving a LOT lately so I checked out an audio book (19 CD's long) at the public library--I'm all about free things right now too!--and love it!
5.) The movie Fireproof--I rented it for FREE last week and wasn't sure how I would feel about it in general but I loved it and it gave me a lot of really good things to think about even though I'm not married yet but helped remind me yet again of very specific ways to pray for my heart and the heart of whomever God has for me.
6.) I'm going to start going to a book club with my friend (who is the world's most avid reader!) in Fort Wayne in a few weeks that I'm really excited about. They are starting the book entitled Jimmy that is about how a boy with special needs sees the world. I have a heart for kiddos like this. I think it will be good for me to read and discuss it because it will give me a better perspective of how the kiddos that I have in my room see the world as I have multiples with special needs and specifically next year I'm likely getting a kiddo with severe special needs.
7.) For the fact that spring break is in FOUR WEEKS! :) I am going on a cruise with my best friend from Purdue to the Bahamas on a Carnival cruise line. I'm beyond excited and can't believe how quickly it will be here!! Now I just need to get certain parts of my body in better shape so I can go buy some new swim suits.....I despise shopping for swim suits!
8.) Tanning! I'm not a regular tanner by any means but before trips I have to....let's just say I have trips that turned out awful because I burned so badly and turned into a lobster. If I tan it helps the situation immensely and for whatever reason makes me feel better in general.
9.) That my parents taught me how to negotiate well! I spent over two hours on the phone tonight dealing with a ridiculous situation trying to reactivate an account for Grandma. It's almost impossible anymore to get a real person on the phone and to get someone to speak to you when you are not that person even with authorization.......you basically have to sign over your life to do it. In the process of this ridiculous situation I cut my Grandma's phone bill in half and it's twice as large now....go me!
10.) Training for the Indy Mini--it's in two months! My training has been going really well--going to running club in C. City has made a world of difference. It's tough running with them because they are insanely FAST and for a lot of them this is their lives---training for events but it's good accountability that I'm glad I have. This week is a 9 mile run, which I'm not concerned about because I ran a 9 last week on my own. I've toyed with the idea of signing up again for the Winona Lake triathlon, which I did for two years in a row. I wish I could can the swimming part though.....blah--the rest is cake after that! At least this year if I did it I wouldn't have a wedding right after it like I have for the past two years!

1 comment:

AllisonTheeonn said...

I miss you friend. I love your list of loves. I have also been on a reading kick. I cannot stop. You're smart about the Twilight books, I'm mailing mine to Germany for my friend to read in her evenings of boredom and so I'm not tempted to reread them.

Have a wonderful day!