Wednesday, January 28, 2009

3 Down, 7 to Go

So I am about done with day 3 of the Daniel Fast and only have 7 days to go. :) It has not been a walk in the park...that's for sure! The first day was great.....by the morning of day two it was not so great anymore. I am eating every two hours or so because I'm so hungry but when you're eating things like apples and carrots it's a little different. :) I honestly thought that it would be hard for me to give up the pop because I usually have one pop a day and I don't really crave it just food in general. I was in Walmart today and I was so hungry that I just had to leave before I was tempted to blow it and came home and made stirfry. It's been really good though......it's been a good reminder of the fact that at least for me I can unconsciously put stuff into my body and mind without being very intentional about it. That junk then builds up and you have to get it out. The Lord keeps reminding me that it's not just about the food it's about our spiritual food too and to be so careful of what we allow into our bodies spiritually and into our minds. I'm excited to see what becomes of the remainder of the time as I'm just in the beginning stage of the fast. I'm most concerned about this weekend because I'll be traveling most of it and then Sunday is super bowl......

No comments: