Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflecting on '08 and Looking to '09

Happy New Year's Eve! :)

The past few days my college roomie from Carmel was here and on Monday some of my friends from Purdue who reside in Kansas were here with their baby boy. It was PERFECT timing to have them here and was the first time all break that I felt like I was on vacation. :) I was so incredibly grateful for that time with them!

My friend from Purdue and I spent a lot of time reflecting on this past year together and looking to '09. Neither of us are huge on New Year's resolutions especially ones that we know aren't attainable like lose 45 pounds or something ridiculous like that. :) But I did make a list of things that I want to accomplish in this coming year...

In 2009:

**Roadtrip with my friend Angela to Kentucky to visit our friend in seminary--going in January!
**Go on a cruise to the Bahamas--Going in April!
**Go to New York City--I have no plans of this but would really like to.... :)
**Learn how to knit--I know this one is funny! But I want to know how and since I'm left handed no one has ever been able to teach me well. So a yarn store here has classes and I definitely signed up for one the other day. :)
**Start my masters in June '09 and save the incredible amount of money to pay for it....
**Have my house professionally painted in the fall of 2009. I have already been saving money for that. My goal is to always do one major house project a year to keep it as up to date as possible for resell purposes. This year I put a roof on my house so this will be next year's project.
**Train for and complete the Indy Mini Marathon--May '09
**Do the Indoor Triathlon through they YMCA which starts in a week! You have to bike 112 miles, swim 2.4 miles, and run 26.2 miles but you have six weeks to do it.
**Read more books....I love reading but didn't read last year as much as I usually do.
**Get pedicures often......:) Last summer I became a little addicted to this. The funny part is two of my friends (who also are addicted to pedicures) bought me a gift certificate for my bday. :)
**Journal more.....I started journaling again last year after a long break of not. I want to continue but become a little more consistent.
**Continue finding more balance in all areas of my life....it's really easy to get out of balance in any area and that's something I've been working on really hard this year.

I'm constantly making new goals and working to achieve them but this is a good start of a lot of different things.....:)

Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Gail! YOu are so awesome. I like what you have planned for 09. Knowing you, I'm sure all of it will be fulfilled!
I could teach you knitting, but the left hand is the problem (mine or yours:))) jk.
I started to train for Indy Mini. I'm excited so many people I know are running it.
Good luck!