Friday, December 26, 2008

Florida, Anyone?? :)

The weather has been so so so crazy.......this morning we had the most ridiculous freezing rain and it took me well over an hour to get from my parents house back to my house and tonight when I left Bremen it was pouring rain and it was some of the worst fog that I have ever seen and it definitely took me an hour and a half to return home. The past few weeks we have had the craziest weather!!! It makes me want to go to Florida for a while! But I am going to the Bahamas in 4 months so I guess it gives me something to look forward to! :)

I am particularly excited about tomorrow. I am going to Chicago in the morning with my friend Rachelle who resides in Texas but her parents live in Valpo, Indiana so she's around for the holidays. We are going up and meeting a friend of ours whose parents live near Chicago. I am so glad to spend time with both of them and to get away for a day.....it will definitely be healthy for me to not worry about getting to the hospital and I'm sure will make me more rejuvenated and ready to tackle whatever is next when I return. Sometimes the Lord uses us in ways that we aren't expecting but over the past few days I have been realizing more and more why the Lord has me so heavily involved in this situation. There has been so much progress made in the past few days........not in ways that people would predict/expect but in amazing ways. As long as we can continue to speak truth over and over I am confident that it will come true. Sometimes when we pray, "Lord use me however you want" we aren't ready when He lays it out there. Over the past year the Lord has really been training me on how to discern truth and lies, which seems like a very black and white concept but it hasn't been. That has been so incredibly helpful these past few months with Grandma.

While I'm getting things ready for tomorrow I'm watching the Dateline episode about the Mistaken Identity case from the girls at Taylor University. It always makes me cry and reminds me so much of how precious our time is. We always spend so much time planning our futures but we really need to enjoy the present....

No comments: