Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday....

So it's been a rough night but it's been a rough few weeks......things can only build up for so long before they hit you all at once and that's exactly what happened. But I'm going to focus on the things that I am SO thankful for today....

**My AMAZING group of girlfriends and our Thursday night bible study. Tonight we talked a lot about vulnerability as women and I am so grateful to have girlfriends that are in a similar place in life with their walk with the Lord that I can be vulnerable around and they know where I am coming from because they know my heart. So often, I don't like being vulnerable. I love other people being vulnerable around me and I love listening to other people but for some reason it's hard for me to do it on the other end.
**The Holiday Season! I love how when I went into Courthouse Coffee today that Christmas music was playing, there are Christmas movies on tv, and my beautifully decorated Christmas trees in my home. It makes my heart happy!
**That weeks are cyclical that we get two days off work each week for a reason so that we can start new. It is a even more definite reminder of how the Lords promises are new every morning....
**The BEAUTIFUL SNOW! :)
**A warm home.....it's amazing what we take for granted
**For a friend from North Carolina visiting this weekend!
**For having an awesome Thanksgiving dinner at my house next Tuesday evening with a bunch of really really great friends

1 comment:

Lena said...

Hey girl! I missed you all last night. It was just one of those nights when i thought i'd better stay home.
I'm excited about dinner at your place. I don't remember if you specified it or not, but is the dinner just for girls or is it co-ed? Either one is cool with me, just wanted to know.