Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random Thoughts...

So I was on a run this afternoon, which turned more into a walk but that's ok. :) I was trying to process through some things that have been going on lately in my life and in other people's lives that I am deeply burdened for and was just really handing them over to the Lord. I realized how often in our world that we feel 'responsible' for other people's actions/decisions when ultimately it's not out fault or responsibility. Instead it's more the effect of their own personal decisions. The Lord kept bringing up times in my life when I felt responsible for uncontrollable situations that were never my responsibility in the first place. Interesteringly enough, most of those times were a result of things that people said to me that made me feel that way even at an extremely young age. I guess I was so reminded about the power of people's words especially to our kids that so often we are saying things that make them feel like things are their responsibility/faults and it's so good to become more aware of that as a whole.

No comments: