Saturday, November 29, 2008

Super excited!

Yay! So I found out some things that I have coming up that I'm super excited about!

One of my best friends from high school is in seminary in Kentucky and I got to see her today and rarely get to see her. Another one of my best friends from high school, Angela, and I are going to take a weekend road trip to go see her in January! She lives in a tiny tiny town but it is pretty close to Lexington but the three of us have always made everything fun. I love going and visiting people!

It was soooo good to sit and talk with her today and learn what the Lord is doing in her life.....I just love hearing about stuff like that!

One of my friends from college always has a 'Holiday Movie Extravaganza' at her house in Chicago every December and every year I have had a conflict i.e. family Christmas, staff party, etc. and this year I can go! Yay! There was a group of us that all lived together for a few years and there's like 17 people in this group and they were/are so much fun!

I signed up today for the mini marathon in Indy for this upcoming May! I'm excited about it and the process of training for it! I debated whether it was the right decision to focus my energy/attention onto that because it's really easy for me to become obsessive about training for things and that's unhealthy but I'm going to be intentional about making sure this time is way different because ultimately the Lord wants us to be healthy and active but not obsessive about those things....it took me a lot of years to figure that out and I regret it so much.

The low part of break was I discovered that I have to have a very expensive part of my heating/cooling system replaced and it will be replaced as soon as the company can get the part in.....ugh the unexpected joys of home ownership. I was going to decorate outside for Christmas......but due to this expense I decided that wasn't a responsible decision and so my great dad gave me an outside Christmas tree that is super cute and kind of big so that I had something outside because it seems like all my neighbors all going all out with lights/decorations. :)

1 comment:

Lena said...

Greg and I are running the Indy Mini too! Of course we haven't started training yet. I don't have a problem with obsessing but i have a problem with being flakey! I don't know which one is worse!