Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Precious...

Sometimes I think we start taking life for granted and these past several weeks have made me really re-evaluate that... I guess sometimes I need a good reminder that this is not our home and was never intended to be our home but it never makes it any easier when people are taken from our lives. I know so many people that have lost loved ones recently and I have a loved one whose health is slipping quickly. We take for granted so many ordinary things everyday that we don't even consider to be a big deal but when you can't do them anymore, don't have the energy for them, or don't remember how to do them it causes quite a dillema. I've been helping out/living with my grandma this week and it's so hard to see her ready to go but I'm so incredibly grateful that I know where her 'home' is and that she will be taken at the perfect time. My grandad suffered for a really long time when he was preparing to pass away and I don't want that for her and hope that it doesn't turn into that situation. It really makes me remember that we need to be so intentional in expressing our love towards people everyday because we don't know the plans for our lives or for others and it can be different in a moment's notice. It's always such a good reminder when people hit this stage in life that the things that we worry about on a daily basis: money, career advancement, material possessions, status, body image, etc. aren't at all important anymore whereas just doing the necessary things like eating and sleeping are at the top of the priority list... It's a good reminder that we can't add a day to our lives by worrying about those things and just how precious life is....

No comments: