Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ready or Not--The Mini Is Here!

I can't believe it but the mini is finally here! When I started training for the mini it seemed forever away but it's in two days! I have tomorrow off work as we are leaving in the early afternoon hours to get to Indy, register for the race, check into our hotel, and dine at Bravo. Regardless of what time I get I'm excited to be doing it and have definitely trained a ridiculous amount for this race! I'm just hoping for really great weather--we haven't had any of that this week!

This week has been nutty--holy cow. I'm exhausted but I'm so tired that I can't sleep--I hate that feeling! I just returned from South Bend. I went up after work tonight and took my sister shopping for a dress, shoes, etc. for her graduation! We were extremely successful (not that there were any doubts!) and conquered the whole look within one store! Of course it was at our favorite store...Maurices! One thing that I appreciate greatly about that store is that the sales people there are awesome and so helpful. It didn't take long and they had put together the whole thing for Heather--dress, sweater, necklace, earrings, bracelet, and shoes. I was just glad that we didn't have to go to fifty five stores to find a dress!

This was our last week of ISTEP--it was the third time that the kids have tested ISTEP this year and we are DONE! Praise God! I can't believe how close we are getting to the end of the school year too!

We finally had our first track meet this week (since last week's was rained out!) and WON! Both boys and girls won, which is awesome. This track season is flying by usually they seem to take a while but not this one!

I got my Ipod back today and just in time for the weekend of the mini! It was a huge/frustrating fiasco of me getting it back but it's here now! I was not a huge fan of Fed Ex after it was all said and done!

I started the process of refinancing my house tonight. The rates are almost two percent lower than when I purchased my home--that's a huge amount! So that process should be over by the end of May. I'm grateful to have an awesome mortgage officer--she's amazing and makes it really easy.

I have a huge weekend ahead--obviously the mini, then I'm headed to Indiana Wesleyan in Marion to watch my sister run for a while (no rush on getting there though because she doesn't run till 6 p.m.!), spending the night at my parents, then we are all headed to South Bend along with my Grandma on Sunday morning for my sister's college graduation! We will then all go out to dinner afterwards with a few of her closest friends and her boyfriend. I'm sure I will shed a few tears at this event--I can't believe that my 'little' sister is officially done with school!

No comments: