Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A huge step.....but very bittersweet!

Wow how things can change fast! My house was on the market for 22 days and it sold today. I am blown away by the amount of showings that happened during that time...almost one a day starting the day that it was put on the market. I knew it would go fast but I didn't think it would happen this fast! I feel sooooo incredibly blessed and protected that in this economy that it sold. I got a different view of this economy by selling a house in it but I just have to remind myself that we now only have one mortgage and one house to worry about. The buyer would like to take possession quickly, which could mean as soon as two weeks. We should know a closing date in the next few days. I've been pretty emotional today to say the least. I'm so glad that it's sold but I'm so sad. I will always cherish the fact that I owned my own house on my own. I adored that house and my neighbors....it was such an incredible blessing. What is incredibly hard is that I still have 6 months before we get married. That means I'll be living with my parents and/or my sister. Regardless of what I decide it's going to be a LOT of driving. So starting tomorrow I'll start packing up the Warsaw house and start moving it up to the Walkerton house. We for sure have a lot to move....yikes! Once again things are moving quickly in the transition to our next chapter of life! 186 days to go!

No comments: