Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Non-Fiction Unit

Wow, I haven't updated in quite some time. My class went on board with readers' workshop in November and we LOVE it. I am constantly amazed at my kiddos and how they are developing into better readers and writers. We did a huge unit on Patricia Polacco and it was a huge success. The kids loved digging into the literature and did an amazing job of making connections between the books. Of course, the party at the end complete with Thundercake was an extra motivation during the process. :)

Tomorrow we are starting a non-fiction unit. Non-fiction is one area that my kiddos need to dig into deeper. I have about 3 kids that LOVE it but the rest try to avoid it at all costs. I am hoping that this changes their perception of it. In fact, my principal is joining us tomorrow for that readers' workshop lesson. My kiddos have been extremely sick and unfortunately I have been the newest recipient....I am hoping that we are all better by tomorrow.

No comments: